Fiverr is a marketplace where people went from earning $0 to making six figures of income yearly. There are people who have a full-time career on Fiverr.
Most of the people think that it’s just luck to make that much on a place like Fiverr, a place where services are sold at a minimum price of $5. I think people can earn 90% more if they Rank their Fiverr Gigs the correct way.
When you’re on the first page of Fiverr search, you are kinda famous. There are a lot of buyers placing orders on your gig on daily basis.
How can people become a millionaire on a website where services have a starting rate of $5?
Well, that’s just what you think, and probably what everyone thought a few years ago (in around 2014) When some of the sellers, taking it as a joke, made a profile on Fiverr. They started earning more than their regular job. Today, those sellers make a complete living from just Fiverr.
Here is a rough estimate of how much Fiverr earns daily:
The website has a daily unique visitors of about 2,518, 092. That’s too much buyer and seller traffic on daily basis.
Moreover, the site makes a monthly income of more than $600,000 from the profit they earn by buyer fee as well as seller order percentage they take.
You still think you cannot become a millionaire on Fiverr?
How Fiverr’s Search Algorithm Works
Fiverr’s Search Algorithm ranks gigs according to the number of reviews you get, your conversion rate, and Gig Tags & Description.
One needs to really use their mind to find out the top secrets which can help them rank better. As that is the only key to successful sales on Fiverr.
Before you give up on your account and delete your account with no hope of earning much on Fiverr, Follow my 11 personally tested and successful tricks to rank Fiverr Gigs:
Table of Contents
1. Get Your First Order ASAP
If you want to build trust for buyers, you need to first have a review to get more clients to order your gig.
Something that can be done to fix this is to get someone to review your gig for you.
You can ask a Friend to purchase your service and review your Gig with 5 stars and an amazingly written review.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Ask a friend to create a buyer account and connect their payment method with it. It’s better if your friend is already a Fiverr seller.
- Ask them to message you first like they’re a buyer who seriously needs the service.
- Fake the conversation with messages just so it seems like it’s a real buyer.
- Send a custom offer, and ask them to accept it.
- Deliver their order after around 5 hours to show that you have actually done the job.
- Get the 5-star review!
2. Do Proper On-Page SEO of your Gig
Just like we bloggers do SEO of our pages, on Fiverr you have to do the On-Page SEO on your Gig so that it appears higher in search results. This can do done with the help of keywords. Let’s have a look at it:
Add keywords to Gig Title
Only one keyword included in the Gig Title can help increase the chance of your Gig being ranked.
For Example: “I will fix wordpress issues for you right now” (Here “fix wordpress issues” is a keyword.)
Note: This is not always necessary, but this helps in most cases.
Add the right Keywords to Tags
When you’re creating a gig, on the “Overview” tab you’re asked to add 5 Gig Tags. These tags are to be used for entering keywords which buyers search for.
How to find the right keywords?
You can find the accurate keywords for your Gig by using search terms which the buyer may be using when they are looking for services.
For Example: if you’re selling WordPress Fixation services then search for “Fix WordPress” and a bunch of keywords will start appearing. Try adding the keywords in the tags just like: Fix WordPress, WordPress, Customization, Fix, Fix WordPress Issues.
Note that the above keywords can be used in combination, such as “WordPress” and “Customization” can make up “WordPress Customization” so that when someone searches for that, you Gig may appear on first page.
You can also check what tags other sellers have added in their gigs
By scrolling to the very bottom of a Gig, you will find the tags the seller has added in their Gig. This is how they look:
Add Keywords to description
In the similar way, you have to add keywords to your Gig Description as well but here’s a big TIP: Don’t over-do it. You can add the keywords in the beginning of your Gig Description.
Example: “Are you having WordPress issues? Worry not! Because I am an expert who has helped many clients Fix WordPress Issues.”
You see a keyword “Fix WordPress Issues” but it doesn’t sound like I’m being forced to add it in the sentence, everything goes with the flow of the sentence.
Keywords also appear in your Gig URL
This is a good practice. Your Gig URL cannot be changed once your Gig is published, the link for the Gig is auto-generated from the Gig Title.
If the keywords are included correctly in the Gig Title, they will automatically appear in your Gig URL.
3. Make trustworthy clients
When you have made more clients who trust you, they’ll never hesitate in working with you again. You can even later contact them and ask if there is more work available for you.
In this way you’ll be able to always maintain your ratings and your cash-flow will be regular.
When working with buyers, make sure the price is good and you are focusing on their satisfaction. Don’t hesitate with doing multiple revisions.
4. Increase your conversion rate
Conversion Rate means how many new clients inbox you and end up having an order with you. You have to communicate better. More conversion rate also helps in ranking your Gig faster in search results.
As Fiverr will recognize that you are working on a daily basis and benefiting their platform, they’ll start benefiting you.
To check your conversion rate you usually have to Install the Fiverr App and on the main page you’ll see conversion in percentage.
5. Have a good Average Selling Rate
An Average selling rate is the average amount of earning you have with your orders on Fiverr. If you have almost all your orders over $50 consistently (without having any orders of $5 or $10 in between) then soon your Average selling rate will be $50.
Fiverr Search shows buyers Gigs according to their budget, so when buyers select a budget your Gig will be shown because your Average selling rate is according to their budget. This mean that more Average selling rate means increasing cash.
This is something to be focused on from the beginning when you first start selling, as it becomes hard to change the Average Selling rate when you have around 1000 orders and AVG. Selling rate of about $15-$20.
I personally prefer something which I call “Order to earning ratio”, which is to have less orders but earn more. I have made $2000 with 70 reviews. If you set goals like these, you can become better at understanding and master the Fiverr Search Algorithm!
- If you have regular clients, ask them if you can work for them for a while and get a combined order of either $50 or $100 so you can maintain a good Average Selling rate.
6. Stay online 24/7
You have to always be online so that even when buyers select “Active Sellers” in search, your Gig will be shown.
To stay online always, make sure to Install the Fiverr app on your Mobile and always stay online from there.
If you use your laptop to stay active then that would be more better, but make sure it’s always connected to internet. Using a Laptop for work seems more professional.
7. Become a Higher Level Seller
All Fiverr seller levels help promote your Gigs. Initially, you’ll be a New Seller. To become a Level One Seller, the important factor that comes in is you have to earn $400 in total. For becoming a Level Two Seller, the Net Earning should be $2000.
It takes usually 1-2 months to become a level one seller if you’re doing things right and about 4-5 months to become a level two seller. These depends upon your niche though, and how much you are earning.
When you become a higher level seller, buyers can trust you more and will hire you.
- If you already have much source of income and want to earn more and looking towards Fiverr to achieve that goal, you can create a buyer account (don’t make it on your internet connection) and do 2-3 new orders of high amount ($2500 or something) on Fiverr from your own money to reach higher level quickly. Fiverr will see how fast your earning is and promote you.
8. Promote your Gigs on Social Media
There comes a period when your Fiverr selling become way too low. This is because Fiverr wants you to spread the word. They want you to promote your service on Social Media.
This can be done by simply sharing it on your account. A better way would be go join groups about your niche and share it there. You can also help people anywhere online, and if they want to pay you give them your Fiverr Gig URL so they can place an order.
- Create your own social presence by creating a Facebook, Instagram and Twitter page. By promoting the page, you can increase likes and share with similar audience. You can even get hired by organizations or people on Facebook.
- Focus on helping people on Social Media instead of just looking around for money.
9. Create multiple gigs in the same category
To increase your chances of being hired, you can make multiple Gigs in the same category but different subcategories. For example: In WordPress you can make two gigs: one for “Bug Fixing” and other for “WordPress Speed Optimization”.
- Check what Gigs people of the same Niche as you are creating.
- You can create even more than two gigs.
10. Complete Regular Orders
Make sure to get new orders not weekly, but daily. At first it may take time to get orders daily but you can make some good clients so you get some orders daily.
- Contact Old buyers to ask if you have any new work and get new orders more often.
These tips can help out with ranking your Fiverr Gig if you do everything as explained. Don’t forget to check out 5 Steps to start making money through freelancing on Fiverr Just so you are not missing anything of these series of posts where I give Fiverr Tutorials to help you make more sales!
Before you leave…
Mistakes which I have made when ranking my Gig on Fiverr…
and you should avoid them!
- Add the Gig Title correctly on the first time you create your Gig. Your URL will be different otherwise. Don’t edit your Gig Title once it’s created.
- Don’t change Gig Image again and again. Make sure to do everything perfectly at once. Better have knowledge first and then start implementing at once.
- (I haven’t done this one myself but…) Don’t ask for reviews from your buyers!
- Don’t use the Fiverr App much, there are some features they still haven’t added yet. For Example: On Desktop version when you type “Email” in conversation, Fiverr shows you not to add that word. However on the App no such message is shown.
- Please take your time to read all Fiverr’s Terms of Service. Most of the people are doing mistakes but don’t know about them and get their accounts deleted by Fiverr.
- Please go through the Gigs and profile of other sellers in your Niche. Get a complete Idea of how people are doing things and then begin doing.
- Outsourcing work is not a good idea on Fiverr. If you outsource a $5 job. Fiverr takes $1 from you, then the person who’s working will take half the price that is $2 and what you get is $2. Very slow earning process.
- Don’t feel like “I can’t do this” because there are many Gigs in the same category and almost 60% of them are doing great because they do things the correct way.
Good Luck Selling on Fiverr!